UX Design Degree Apprenticeship 2023
Annual Salary: £21,220 + benefits
Getting a degree is a huge achievement that can completely change your prospects – but it’s not always open to everyone, whether that’s due to the cost of university or the timing not being right. But with our Higher Apprenticeship programme, all that can change. Here at Barclays we offer a world-class programme that provides you with a permanent, full-time job with a competitive salary from day one – all whilst gaining a degree qualification from a top university at the same time. Whether you’re a school-leaver looking for alternative options to the traditional university route or you’re someone thinking differently about your future, we’ll help you to build an extraordinary career at Barclays, no matter your background.
Why a Barclays Apprenticeship?
- You’ll get the opportunity to earn while you learn, gaining a Digital User Experience degree with a top university at the same time as earning a full-time salary in a permanent job. A unique chance to get a degree qualification without the student loan, all whilst getting 4 years of work experience under your belt
- We’ve spent 11 years perfecting the support that you’ll receive on our Apprenticeship programme. That starts with our market-leading Talent Coach model: from day one, you’ll be assigned a talent coach matched to your needs and background, and together with your line manager, they’ll support you as an individual. We’ll also match you to an expert in your specialist subject, ready to share their knowledge.
- The Apprenticeship route gives you the opportunity for self-discovery and helps you to explore different career paths. With over 325 years of expertise in Banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries, employing over 80,000 people to help move, lend, invest and protect money for customers and clients worldwide. Giving you endless opportunities to network and discover what makes you tick.
- Our programme is open to anyone, no matter your background or your age. So you’ll be joining an Apprenticeship cohort who are from all different walks of life, whether that’s school leavers starting their career, ex-military wanting to kick-start a career in the corporate world to parents wanting to return to work after having time off.
UX Design at Barclays
Understanding the aspirations and needs of our customers is fundamental to everything we do at Barclays. One in two UK adults are Barclays customers, so it’s no exaggeration to say our work affects the lives of millions. In the UX Design team, you’ll combine deep insight with creative imagination to design systems and processes that make every customer’s banking experience easier, more efficient and more intuitive – whether in the digital or the physical world.
You’ll join our diverse 200-strong team of Design professionals, where you’ll gain a wealth of practical experience on the job, designing and implementing services and applications that our customers will truly value. At the end of your programme, you’ll not only have gained a degree with our support – you’ll have the foundation for a rewarding career, either as a UX Designer or a Design Researcher.
Are you eligible?
- First, you’ll need the right qualifications. For UX Design Degree Apprenticeship roles in England, that’s 3 A Levels (or equivalent) at BCC.
- You don’t need any previous UX experience to thrive here, however, curiosity is essential: you’ll be fascinated about problem solving and how to make things better, and you’ll share our commitment to making a significant difference to people’s lives.
Working in Manchester
Manchester is one of the most exciting cities to live and work in the UK. It’s a vibrant, energetic place – an important centre of gravity for business and technology, with a thriving cultural life and its own unique identity. From colleagues serving customers in our branch network or Skybranch, to technical experts developing our digital products at our Radbroke campus.
To apply for this job please visit search.jobs.barclays.