Loveholidays is on a mission to build the next generation of online travel agents. We let millions of customers search through over 36 billion offers that we curate and are constantly exploring new and innovative ways to create that perfect holiday-finding experience.
In 2019 we were the fastest growing company in the UK, and since the beginning of 2022 we have been processing a booking every ~30 seconds.
About the team
The Digital Product Infrastructure team enables other teams to deliver faster, better features for all our customers. We are responsible for some of the most important infrastructure underpinning our systems – our CMS (we use Sanity.io), our experimentation platform and our design system. We work with all Digital Product and market teams to ensure we are building the tools that will let us scale faster than our competition. We’re a highly technical team that is constantly pushing the boundaries of what we can do with technology.
If you want to read more about the great things we are doing, check out our tech blog.
What you’ll be working on
- Enabling our product teams and other internal teams across the business by providing a wide range of tools and services for them to effectively achieve their goals.
- Enhancing our first-of-its-kind experimentation platform over time to reach the next level of functionality.
- Figure out how we create complex, customisable and data driven pages that our teams can build on in our headless CMS.
- Be part of the future of our GraphQL system and API gateway (that gets thousands of requests a second) using Envelop.
- Create seamless integrations between our Design System and Figma to empower designers and engineers – we use Figma Tokens and automate our Design System changes.
- Work on our brand new Rust experimentation platform that performs in microseconds at the Fastly Edge, it’s the first of its kind and we have a long way to go.
- Contribute back to open source projects as we push the boundaries of performance in our web applications.
We’re looking for people who are keen to deepen their skills in all of the above, and expand even further in their engineering careers. Tech stacks are always subject to change, and we hope you can influence the future of loveholidays.
As a product infrastructure engineer you’ll be working primarily with TypeScript and Node, but we employ many different languages across our teams and encourage engineers to work across the entire stack – from our Kubernetes infrastructure to our Rust edge platform.
What we’re looking for
- You’re excited about building tools and services that are used by engineers and non-engineers alike across a wide range of fields.
- You are interested in scalability and performance, addressing them by employing cutting edge algorithms, software design and technologies.
- You want to have an even deeper understanding of web applications and the surrounding ecosystem.
- You care about UX, accessibility and experimentation driven by data.
- You like business problems over technology and are pragmatic about your choices.
- You have a constant interest in learning more and want to grow in your career – we strive to support engineers in their growth and will give you the platform to do it.
- We have a clear skills matrix and will ensure you get all the help you need to continue to improve your career.
What we’ll give back to you
Other than an amazing environment for you to grow, have impact and show the world your incredible skills, we offer the following benefits:
- Company pension contributions at 5%
- Training budget for you to learn on the job and level yourself up
- Clear career pathways and support to ensure you continue to grow
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- Discounted holidays for you, your family and friends
- 25 days of holidays per annum (plus 8 public holidays) increases by 1 day for every second year of service, up to a maximum 30 days per annum
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan and eye care vouchers
- Hybrid working – we work 2 days per week in the office
- Monthly office based social events
- Weekly Wednesday drinks in the office kitchen
- Sustainably sourced fruit baskets in the office kitchen
To apply for this job please visit careers.loveholidays.com.