Connected Engineering – Software Engineer – E Grade
At Solutions & Digital we help KPMG and hundreds of other organisations around the world to envision and build digital products that empower their employees and serve their customers — all with people, business and technology in mind.
We are human-centred technology advocates, analysts, designers and engineers. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, people in Solutions & Digital are creators at heart. We find gaps, develop hypotheses and build beautiful ecosystems, inspiring our clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible. From a junior researcher to the head of development we possess a clear vision of the future and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking solutions that solve today’s challenges for a better tomorrow.
Our core competency is the .NET stack (C#, ASP.NET MVC, WebApi) and cutting-edge web client technologies (ReactJS, HTML5). We pride ourselves on delivering highly modular, testable, scalable, SOLID code with continuous integration and deployment to cloud environments. We follow agile methodologies and a Git workflow.
You will be part of our product engineer team and work in multidisciplinary agile teams including product owners, QA engineers, UX designers and business analysts.
We welcome engineers from all technical backgrounds who are happy to bring their experiences on board. You will have to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and being able to come up with creative solutions. You should be passionate for technology and eager to learn. We gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
You are expected have experience or develop your technical skills within the following areas:
• Cloud development in AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud
• Software design and architecture: tiered architecture, clean architecture
• Software security, best practice for protecting against common threats
• Software testing, including unit, integration and automated functional testing
• Relational and noSQL database design
As a software engineer, you will be expected to:
• Work in small agile teams
• Learn and follow agile ways of working
• Demonstrate evidence of disciplined approach to code development, e.g. code management practices
• Show effective self-organisation skills
• Continuously seek areas for self-development and learn new skills and technologies
Day to day job tasks
• Implement user requirements and software designs for a system component under supervision
• Write automated tests to validate your implementations
• Document your solutions
• Assist in designing components or areas of systems as part of the larger team
• Assist in integrating services and components
• Fix simple errors in system components and document your changes
• Maintain and support services, following predefined, agreed procedures
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com