AnyVan makes moving anything, anywhere easier, more affordable and greener for everyone. With Over 8 million customers across the UK and Europe since our launch over a decade ago, we’re proud to be known as the largest, fastest growing tech company in the logistics industry.
Like many popular marketplaces, we’re asset light – i.e., we don’t own any vehicles or employ any drivers. We work with our transport partners and use technology to disrupt the entire delivery and moving process and to optimise the most efficient journeys.
Sustainability is a core part of AnyVan’s mission and reducing environmental impact has always been at the heart of our business. We’re proud to say we’ve achieved carbon-neutral status on all our transport moves, and we won’t stop here.
We’ve continuously celebrated exciting growth and key milestones, a key highlight being a £125mn investment from Vitruvian partners to reinforce our position as the UK market leader. We’re expecting the next 5 years to be even more exciting.
Our platform might be driven by technology, but we know it’s our people that make AnyVan a great place to work. We think big, we think differently, and we empower our colleagues to make a difference. We know good ideas can come from anyone in any role – so if you’re a self-starter looking to ‘move’ your career forward – Team AnyVan would love to hear from you.
The new scale AnyVan will be operating at will mean bigger technology challenges and a need to find ever more efficient ways for technology to support our ability to fulfil deliveries and provide seamless experiences for our transport partners and consumers. There’s no shortage of complex scale, user experience, data, and logistics problems to solve that will keep our team technologically and intellectually challenged!
The team is highly collaborative, organised as cross-functional squads with product, data engineering, data science and software engineering working in partnership to deliver value to our customers. We run 100% in AWS, with high levels of automation, infrastructure as code and increasing usage of serverless technologies.
As a Software Engineer you’ll be supported and developed to expand both your technical tool kit and non-technical competencies like stakeholder engagement, getting buy-in to your ideas, communication skills, etc that are equally important for today’s technology experts. We offer great progression within engineering, and offer opportunities to explore both technical and people leadership career paths.
Our engineers are given the freedom and autonomy to make empowered decisions, research new technologies and learn and share knowledge with their peers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work on a range of high impact projects and deliver excellent production ready, logical and pragmatic code
- Incorporate testing techniques and frameworks into coding activities to achieve company quality goals
- Troubleshoot and solve software issues to overcome obstacles, resolve blockers and complete tasks
- Communication and collaboration – You’ll interact with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to build trust-based relationships
What skills and experience would set you up for success in the role:
- Genuine passion for delivering outstanding customer solutions and delivering pragmatic and logical code
- Some experience in PHP, Python or Java
- Some experience with frameworks such as Vue, React, Angular
- A keen interest in AWS and cloud based architectures
- Experience working in and driving an Agile development environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in a fast paced consumer focused environment
- Competitive base salary with scope for progression
- Flexible working options/hybrid working options wherever possible
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), which increases with tenure up to 30 days
- Volunteer Day
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption
- In-house barista, breakfast and snacks every day
- Friday drinks and regular social activities including office ping pong table and darts board
- Office facilities include showers and safe cycle parking
- The chance to work for a fast-growing disruptive technology business
We are extremely proud of our culture and believe in the many benefits that being in the office provides and all of our roles require regular time in one of our key offices depending on where you’re based (Hammersmith or Newcastle). If we are able to support visa sponsorship for a role it will be highlighted in the requirements section.
We support flexible and hybrid working wherever possible but some roles remain fully office based. Where we can support it, typical working patterns would be 3 days in the office 2 days from home. However, we appreciate everyone’s situation is unique and are open to conversations around the working patterns.
Diversity and Inclusion
At AnyVan we’re focused on equality. We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and foster an inclusive environment where we celebrate our differences and where our people can be their authentic selves. We believe this encourages collaboration and supports opportunities for our people and teams to deliver their best work. We encourage and welcome applications from anyone that shares this passion.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eu.lever.co.