Niyo Enterprise is a house of brands that is dedicated to using innovative tools such as hair & beauty and technology education to economically empower lives and break the vicious cycle of poverty, particularly underserved by Black women through sustainable creative enterprises. These enterprises deliver valuable services and products powered by innovation and technology
We are looking for visionary people to work with us to galvanise a mission of getting black women thriving as disruptors.
- Contract type: Full time (18 months fixed term contract)
- Starting: September 2021
- Location: Zellig Building, Birmingham, B9 4AT
- Pay: £18,000 – £20,000 depending on experience
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
Our busy, innovative and client-focused office needs a reliable, well-organised and task-focused Office Manager and CEO’s Personal Assistant to handle day-to-day operations with a focus on managing the office, performing a number of administrative duties and working directly with the CEO. You will be responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures and processes, inventory control.
The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position . We’re looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats who has a broader awareness of professional development, black women in technology and also passionate about increasing the career prospects of black women in the technology industry. This position will include advancement opportunities for the right candidate as well as full benefits after a 30-day probationary period. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, organised, a good team worker, problem solver professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritising tasks in a fast-paced creative and innovative environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with fast paced career progression.
You will be joining an office-based organisation of passionate entrepreneurs at heart across the UK and connecting with stakeholders and companies with a global reach.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop organisational procedures and systems for office personnel, including filing, billing, accounts payable, payroll and scheduling
- Managing diaries and organising meetings and appointments of the CEO,
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation of speaking engagements for the CEO & Staff
- Reminding the senior management and staff of important tasks and deadlines
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence for the CEO
- Managing databases and filing systems for all executives’ activities
- Collating and filing expenses
- Establish good team atmosphere through leadership and employee development
- Organising staff events and socials
- Organising the posts and logistics needed for customers and the office
- Extensive and efficient email correspondence
- Organising meetings, including booking venues, ordering refreshments and basic minute-taking
- Readiness to be contacted out of office hours
- Improve employee and client retention rates through active communication and problem-solving effort
- Continue education in management, organisation and team-building skills
- Manage employee schedules and troubleshoot scheduling conflicts as they arise
- Order supplies and equipment as needed
- Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with email correspondence and phone calls
- Miscellaneous tasks to support executives and the Niyo Staff
- Flexible Hours
- Office Snacks
- 30% Staff discounts across all Niyo products and services
- Free entry to company & partner events
- Access to high net worth clients
- Access to professional and personal development
- Generous Holidays
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.