At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Motorola Solutions recently acquired AVA Security Limited. You will be part of the ever growing AVA team as a Graduate Software Engineer.
AVA inject intelligence into their approach to security and all their solutions. They help organisations see, understand, and act on their surroundings to protect people, business, and reputation in real-time.
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic recent graduates and those early in their career with a few years experience to join our R&D team in Uxbridge (West London) as we embark on our next chapter as a unified security provider. As a software engineer, you will be working on everything from research and design, to testing and delivering features, across our entire product range.
At Ava Security, we default to programming using Go, but also use a wide variety of different languages and frameworks. It is not expected that you would be familiar with Go (or any of the other languages we use) but you should be enthusiastic and willing to learn new things. Although these are not compulsory skills, prior experience in any of the following would be an advantage:
– Designing, developing, and consuming REST APIs.
– Knowledge of network security (e.g. SSL/TLS) and other crypto concepts. – Appreciation of test-driven development, continuous integration/deployment, Kanban.
– Experience using Version Control Software such as Git as part of working in a team.
– Experience developing for Machine Learning / Computer Vision.
You will also have achieved excellent academic results at a recognised university or are able to demonstrate outstanding technical skills and are proficient in English. We are looking for a team player who thinks holistically, enjoys solving complex problems and thrives working autonomously, while not afraid to ask for input and learn from your teammates if you’re stuck. You should take pride in your work and want a career where your creative abilities will make a difference to the world of technology whilst being part of an impressive R&D environment.
If you have experience developing software either for a University project or as a hobby and can show us on GitHub or elsewhere please let us know when you apply so we can discuss it at the interview.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
– Competitive salary and bonus schemes.
– Two weeks additional pay per year (holiday bonus).
– 25 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
– Attractive defined contribution pension scheme.
– Employee stock purchase plan.
– Flexible working options.
– Private medical care.
– Life assurance.
– Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
– Career development support and wide ranging learning opportunities.
– Employee health and wellbeing support EAP, wellbeing guidance etc.
– Carbon neutral initiatives/goals.
– Corporate social responsibility initiatives including support for volunteering days.
– Well known companies discount scheme.
To apply for this job please visit motorolasolutions.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.