FICO (NYSE: FICO)
FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions. Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career potential!
At FICO, innovation, quality, and high performance are fundamental themes of everything that we do for our clients, from our first meeting with them to the solutions that we provide for making their business successful. As a key member of an outstanding software development team that delivers innovation to different market sectors across the world, we want you to play a pivotal role in helping to maintain, enforce and extend these themes within our organisation.
We are seeking a junior software engineer to join our product development team who can assist in continuing the evolution of our software across several product lines. You will be able to demonstrate potential, initiative and an understanding of quality that is required to work in a commercial software development environment. You will have the opportunity to learn about and work on a range of different programming technologies and associated management processes that will help to grow your existing skills and experience.
What You Will Do
- Implement product changes, undertaking detailed design, programming, unit testing and deployment, as required by our SDLC process.
- Investigate and resolve reported software defects across supported platforms. Work in conjunction with product management to understand business requirements and convert into effective software designs that will enhance the current product offering.
- Produce component specifications and prototypes, where appropriate. Provide realistic and achievable project estimates for the creation and development of solutions. This information will form part of a larger release delivery plan.
- Develop and test software components of varying size and complexity. Design and execute unit, link and integration test plans and document test results. Create test data and environments as necessary to support the required level of testing.
- Liaise with quality assurance teams and assist with integration testing, system testing, acceptance testing and implementation.
- Produce relevant system documentation. Collaborate with configuration management teams to implement additions or changes to software configuration processes for deliverables.
- Participate in review sessions to ensure ongoing quality of deliverables. Validate other team members’ components, test plans and results.
- Maintain and develop industry knowledge, skills and competencies in software development.
What We Are Seeking
Skills & Experience
- Degree or above educated or other equivalent commercial experience.
- Basic programming experience in either C++ or Java.
- Experience of working within Windows and UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of database concepts and exposure to one of the following platforms: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle or MySQL.
- Experience of cloud-based technologies.
- Likes fast pace, high level of daily activity.
- Independent; enjoys autonomy and rejects micromanagement.
- Focuses strongly on quality and resilience of each solution.
- Outcome oriented; doesn’t confuse activity with productivity.
- Confident; persuasive.
- Candid; sometimes outspoken about internal obstacles.
- Juggler of priorities, able to manage different work demands and changes in plans.
- Disciplined, yet adaptable to pressing demands.
- Absolute focus on attention to detail.
- A collaborator who values a strong team ethic – aware of who can assist progress.
- Builds reputation – clients come first – available and responsive.
- Strong communicator – conveys information clearly, which others value.
- Methodical – considers all angles and steps back to look at the ‘bigger picture’.
- Visionary: plans for the future not just for the now.
- Appreciates simplicity, elegance, and rigor.
Our Offer to You
- Flexible working practices, which allows for an excellent work/life balance.
- A lucrative base salary and bonus package, and enhanced family leave policies. A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: ’Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others’.
- The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique strengths.
- Opportunities to give back to your community, and social events with colleagues.
Why Make a Move to FICO?
At FICO, you can develop your career with a leading organization in one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today – Big Data analytics. You’ll play a part in our commitment to help businesses use data to improve every choice they make, using advances in artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive and prescriptive modeling, and much more.
FICO makes a real difference in the way businesses operate worldwide:
- Credit Scoring — 150+ billion FICO Scores have been sold to date, making it the most used credit score in the world.
- Fraud Detection and Security — 2.6+ billion payment cards globally are protected by FICO fraud systems.
- Lending — 3/4 of US mortgages are approved using the FICO Score.
- Anti-Money Laundering — our solutions check more than half a billion transactions a day to prevent criminal schemes such as terrorist financing
Global trends toward digital transformation have created tremendous demand for FICO’s solutions, placing us among the world’s top 100 software companies by revenue. We support many of the world’s largest banks, insurers, retailers, telecommunications providers and other firms reach a new level of success.
Our success is dependent on really talented people – just like you – who thrive on the collaboration and innovation that’s nurtured by a diverse and inclusive environment. We’ll provide the support you need, while ensuring you have the freedom to develop your skills and grow your career. Join FICO and help change the way business thinks!
To apply for this job please visit fico.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.