At Semble, we are on a mission to improve the way healthcare is delivered to millions of people by providing doctors and their teams with powerful, innovative, intuitive and secure software. Our cloud-based clinical system is already used by hundreds of clinicians, making their lives easier and saving them money, while structuring their health data to help research.
We are a passionate and driven team, lucky to be making a change in healthcare!
We are looking for a bright and passionate software developer, with the ability to adapt to the needs of a growing HealthTech business, to be part of our Migrations Team.
Our Tech stack:
- Node, Typescript, React
- AWS, Bitbucket
- AWS services
This role can be fully remote in the UK and EU (with occasional travel to our London office) within +/- 2 hours of the GMT time zone. We are unfortunately not able to consider candidates located outside these locations and time zones at this stage.
What we are looking for
To succeed in this role, you will have a strong understanding of modern programming languages, an eye for detail, be able to work independently, be highly self-motivated, and work well with other team members. You possess good troubleshooting, multitasking, and communication skills. You are comfortable being introduced to new development tools, techniques, and standards.
What you will be doing
You will be working in the Migrations Team and be responsible for transforming and migrating customer data into the Semble system in a timely and efficient manner. You will be an integral player in ensuring a smooth data migration process from other systems to Semble, as well as developing internal tooling. This role has a lot of freedom to innovate and add to the current processes.
You will understand our business data, where data is held, how additional data is found and how it can be migrated. The data primarily comes from relational databases and is migrated to MongoDB. The work is heavily backend focused, with individuals expected to handle large amounts of data and complex data relations.
- Utilise the latest technologies to do migrations
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation around migration processes
- Contribute, develop and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Previous programming experience or a degree in computer science / related field
- Have a good foundation of classical programming paradigms, e.g. OOP, FP, SOLID, Prototypal Inheritance
- Experience working with version control (Git, Bitbucket, etc)
- Experience using NoSQL or SQL databases
- Experience with AWS
- Hands-on development experience with Typescript or an appropriate strongly typed language
- Experience with modern web technologies
- Strong written ability and excellent communication skills
- Experience working with an agile development team (SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
What you’ll get in return
- The great feeling coming with knowing you do something that matters: improving healthcare!
- £35-40k salary (based on your experience and the value you can bring)
- Autonomy and ownership – we’ll set the vision and share the context, then we trust you to run with things – that’s the reason we hire you!
- 36 days off: 25 holidays +bank holidays +3 extra days (birthday and ‘feel good’ days) – that we will expect you to actually take so you can recharge and rest.
- Company Equity – We appreciate and recognise all of our employees’ contributions, so everyone is eligible for Semble share options!
- Private Health Insurance – covering physical and mental health, as well as dental and optical!
- Hybrid & flexible work environment – work from anywhere in the UK, with also some flexibility to work across Europe. You decide how much or how little you go to the office.
- Get the tech you need – You will get the latest MacBook (unless you prefer Windows) and take your pick across a wide range of equipment to set up your home office ergonomically.
- Work alongside an inspiring team – our two founders have started Semble after a successful startup exit, and your future colleagues are all knowledgeable and innovators in their field.
- Fantastic office space in Central London, right outside Liverpool Street – with a roof terrace, squash courts, weekly animations, loads of natural light, and cute doggies!
- The usual free bits coming with nice offices (coffee, tea, fruits, weekly happy hours and breakfast, yoga classes…).
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and all walks of life, including any typically underrepresented groups in the technology industry. We also encourage applications from disabled and neurodiverse candidates, so if there are any adjustments we can make to support you throughout the recruitment process, please do let us know.
To apply for this job please visit semble.bamboohr.com.