Job Title: Junior Data Analyst
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Initial Contract Term – 12 months (to be extended if required)
CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry’s most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally, we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Purpose of Job
The Data Analyst Support role will assist and report to the EDC ICE Product Management and Engineering team.
Primary focus will be on the collation, data cleansing and correction process relating to IT assets for the SETI and EDC locations globally.
The role will be responsible for managing the full data entry process through to completion and will focus primarily on producing reporting to identify the data discrepancies, raising change tickets for data correction and completing final data validation checks
The role will involve close liaison with members of the client’s global SETI teams and EDC Operation teams.
Due to the nature of the role the candidate needs to be highly motivated, proactive, willing to embrace change in a fast-moving environment. Able to work both collaboratively and unsupervised with a high level of attention to detail.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday 9.00am until 17.00pm (40 hour working week)
From time to time, the candidate will be expected to work at the alternate site.
- Participate and liaise as an active member and representative of EDC.
- Support SETI and EDC data processing and corrective practices to sanitise data within in-house applications.
- Managing and develop the full data remediation process
- Raise and monitor work tickets in ServiceNow for EDC Ops teams and on behalf of SETI Tooling
- Maintaining and improving database standards and policies for data entry
- Close liaison with the SETI Tooling team to obtain data hygiene reports
- Be a key part of the EDC ICE Product Management and Engineering team and assist team members with support of operational systems and procedures
- Ideally educated to a degree level, or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and experience obtained through previous roles
- Experience within a data analyst type role or a technical background in an IT or Infrastructure role would be very advantageous
- Good organisational skills and a high attention to detail
- Experience with operational use of 3rd party Configuration Management Database (CMDB) or IT Service Management (ITSM) systems i.e., ServiceNow, would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Strong Excel skills are a key part of the role
- Database experience would be very beneficial
- Able to establish and manage relationships with internal clients
- Good communication skills; both verbal and written
- Dynamic, self-starter and highly motivated
- Committed and strong team player
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cbre.com.