Shawbrook is a new type of specialist financial services company, combining the relentless focus on customer service and innovation you would expect from a fintech with the expertise and certainty of a bank. Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base of over 300,000 UK consumers and businesses.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
Join Shawbrook because you:
- Want to help us deepen our industry sector knowledge, combining technology alongside the best banking brains
- Want to build a bank for the future and be part of our digital transformation journey that will enable customers & businesses to thrive
- Want to continue to grow professionally. We encourage you to grow and be the best version of yourself
- Care about sustainability? We want to be better for our people, environment, and society
- Bring passion and enjoyment to your work. You’ll work hard but you’ll have fun too
The primary role will be to participate in the collection and consolidation of source data for new Acquisitions into the existing Shawbrook Data Warehouse (DWH), through an in house developed system called Origination and Servicing Integration System (OASIS), to ensure that Shawbrook can meet its consolidated reporting obligations on a Statutory & Regulatory basis, whilst also maximising the value and information contained in the data, by providing additional ‘ data insights‘ for use within the organisation
Additional tasks will include (but not limited to) the ongoing maintenance of OASIS source documentation, along with the DWH Data Dictionary and Data Model maintenance, plus any ad hoc data support to the wider Shawbrook community as pertains to any new Acquisition or Integration.
• Maintain existing Data Dictionary documentation
• Analyse and identify Data gaps / quality issues between source and existing documentation & process for any new Acquisition/Integration
• Define Rules and test approach for any new Acquisition/Integration
• Work with partner lending System (PLS) to ensure work required for integration is followed
• Keep track of missing data points or data gaps throughout the integration process
• Establish remediation approach PLS
• Maintain & Implement Data Standards with PLS
• You will investigate and understand data sources through data analysis and interpret findings
• Document and share these findings with relevant stakeholders
• You will define & execute test conditions for new Acquisition & Integration. Working within an Agile Data Team, identify issues and blockers associated with the results and report test activities
• You will look for Automation and improvements through analysis & outcomes
• Focused on delivering efficient Data monitoring solutions with automation where possible
• To work in a data driven organisation alongside exceptional Data professionals driving better data outcomes for our Business
• Proven Analytical skills to interrogate Data Source through code such as MS SQL, Python or other tools
• Experience in structuring and defining scoping and prioritisation discussion related to data elements
• Experience working in Change Control or Agile methodologies
• Financial services, or other regulated entity experience very desirable
• Technical Degree such as Math, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc. desirable.
• Ability to communicate clearly on all levels of the business.
• Well organized and delivery focused
• Good attention to detail
• A positive, proactive, ‘can do’ attitude, self-reliant with a high level of self-motivation.
• Accuracy & attention to detail
• Willingness and desire to learn fast and acquire new skills
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Establishes effective working relationships at all levels Ability to work as part of a team
Your Wellbeing – We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) – Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle – It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution – We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done
To apply for this job please visit careers.shawbrook.co.uk.