About the job
Java Engineer (Java, AWS/Azure, MySQL, MongoDB, Kubernetes)
Salary: £38,469 – £56,480
27.1% employer contributions, flexi-hours, hybrid hub / home working
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the biggest government department in the UK. Over 20 million people access our services everyday, and we make payments worth over £195bn every year.
We’re recruiting Java Engineers into our new hub in Birmingham. We want devs and engineers with the skills to design, build and maintain government digital services that really work for the people that need them.
You’ll write code that changes the face of public services, helps people get the support they need more quickly and easily, and helps transform the future of millions of people.
We share our brilliant Birmingham hub environment with colleagues from across DWP and wider government, so it’s the perfect place to collaborate, build networks and get stuff done.
Delivering World-Class Performance.
We want our Java Engineers to work with freedom and autonomy. We write code and make design decisions which shape the future engineering landscape of DWP, and especially of our flagship service Universal Credit.
We develop, build and support products and applications as part of multi-functional agile delivery teams, alongside researchers, analysts, designers, architects, testers and more.
Together we use the latest and greatest tools and technologies to build applications and products that work for millions of users.
You’ll be part of a thriving Engineering community of practice, supported by over 200 other engineering experts from across the UK, all united by passion and purpose.
We want you to be at your best. We’ll give you the tools and time to build your capability, with coaching, mentoring, qualifications and formal learning, meet-ups or whatever else works for you.
Send us your CV. We’re looking for skills, knowledge and experience of:
- Java (minimum version 8).
- Developing on cloud based environments like AWS and Azure.
- TDD and BDD.
- SQL and noSQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- Building up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures.
Details. Wages. Perks.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work and collaborate flexibly.
We work a hybrid model with 60% home working.
We’ll pay you up to £56,480.
You’ll also get a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of 27.1%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 and rising to 31 days.
Our benefits package is built around your work-life balance and includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I Can Be Me in DWP’
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.