Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the role
- Our technology team works in small, cross functional squads – forming part of a fun, hardworking and exceptionally supportive team of around 50 engineers
- We are looking to hire a Full Stack Developer to help us bring a ground-breaking new product to market and support and develop our highly successful FairFX product
- Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, and a 60 minute interview. We usually do a very simple coding task, but there are no trick questions
- A good communicator, with an open and collaborative approach
- Passionate about writing efficient, clean, and well documented code
- Highly organised; and able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
- Proactive and motivated
- Enjoys working closely with product owners & stakeholders
- Engaged and with technology and industry trends
- Curious and motivated by doing the best job you can Loves to work in a collaborative environment
- Eager to try new things
- A role model for our values: Make it happen, Succeed together, Be the customer & Go beyond
- Build and maintain React progressive web applications
- Ensure code quality by writing automated tests, is well tested and written in a maintainable way
- Deploying code to production on a regular basis
- Work with product owners, engineers & other stakeholders to prioritise workstreams
- Monitoring the health of the services we build
- Driving the development, definition and implementation of our Native products
- Implement features and own the delivery up to the point of it being in our customers hands
- Own the maintenance of features to ensure that future bugs are fixed speedily
- HTML, CSS3, SASS/LESS, CSS Modules
- Agile best practices.
- Software engineering practices like BDD, TDD, Pair Programming etc.
Our investment in you
We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams. We believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
When you join the Equals Group, we aim to help you to get more out of your career. We will also offer you the following benefits;
A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group
25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills
Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible
Where possible we offer the opportunity to work flexibly and the opportunity to balance some remote working with time in the office collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us rewarding.
Equals strives to create a workplace where we can all be ourselves. We believe in inclusion, equality and the power of diversity, so you’ll be encouraged to bring your unique perspectives and experiences, and help us understand what you need to do your best work.
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed above. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your drivers and promote your motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group, we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Bupa Private Healthcare
● Bupa Mental Health Services & EAP
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
● A flexible working environment
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
● Season Ticket Loans
● x3 Annual Salary Life Assurance
● A flexible working environment
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.