We’re on a mission to make owning an electric vehicle as smart and as simple as possible, and we need passionate people to help us build the best eMobility brand on the planet.
In just under two years, Octopus Electric Universe has grown to become one of the largest eMobility players in the UK & Europe, with over 320,000 connected electric vehicle chargers and a customer ecosystem spanning web, iOS, Android, CarPlay, Android Auto, and more.
But it’s just the start: we’re busy launching in new countries, working with more automotive and tech partners, building exciting new features at scale, and creating the charging platforms of the future – all in the name of making public EV charging super simple for customers.
Electric Universe is a multifunctional team made up of product, development, commercial, operations, partnerships and more – all focused together on making Octopus the name in EV charging. And we’re looking for smart individuals with an interest in the space who can help us make it happen.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about code, curious, and eager to learn. You’ll be working alongside the frontend team that provides services for our Electric Universe ecosystem in the electric vehicle and electrification space. This is an early stage project which will give you the chance to have a huge impact and, given our ambitions in the electrification space, influence how the frontend grows to meet new challenges and create a wider ecosystem. Overall you’ll work with a small, high-energy project team to bring the product to life – an exciting opportunity to work like a start-up within a rapidly scaling EnTech business.
What you’ll do…
- Work in the frontend team that provides services for our Electric Universe ecosystem in the electric vehicle & electrification space.
- Work within an early-stage project which will give you the chance to have a huge impact and – given Octopus’s ambitions in the electrification space – influence how the frontend grows to meet new challenges and create a wider ecosystem.
- Overall you’ll work with a small, high-energy project team to bring the product to life – an exciting opportunity to work like a start-up within a rapidly scaling EnTech business.
What you’ll have…
- Experience in crafting mobile-first responsive sites for a range of devices.
- Can write solid, semantic HTML
- Know how to develop websites that meet AAA accessibility guidelines.
- Can create code that works consistently across different browsers and platforms.
- Can take a wireframe or Figma designs and bring them to life in code.
- GraphQL & Apollo
- Jest & React Testing Library
Why else you’ll love it here…
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it’s something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don’t advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn’t apply to Octopus – what’s more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub – Octopus Employee Benefits
We would prefer someone who can work in our London office but will consider candidates who can get to our London office 1-2 times a week. You do need to be able to work in the UK.
We’re very excited to be growing our team. We’re looking for skills and experience to help shape and define the future of not only our team, but the wider business at a global scale. If you’re reading this and grinning, please apply! There are huge challenges to tackle, and we need amazing people who are keen to get stuck in.
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.