Bauer Media Audio operates a ‘hub and spoke’ model for digital. The central digital team supports our country business units with strategy, insight, innovation, product management, technology, IP distribution and support. Our country teams are responsible for local planning, content and commercial delivery. As part of a combined community of digital experts, the teams work in partnership to create outstanding services to our users and deliver commercial success. As a team we thrive on combining local market excellence with a wider, global perspective.
As a department we are at the very beginning of a DevOps journey, which is one of the reasons we are now hiring for DevOps engineers. We are embarking on the next generation of audio experiences, and as part of this, you will be involved in an exciting departmental transformation in our ways of working and the technologies we use. Within this role you will be embedded in one of the delivery squads ensuring that all systems/network/tooling requirements of the teams are met. You will also be responsible for making sure documentation exists working with the SRE’s to identify, recommend, test and rollout new tooling.
We are embarking on the next generation of audio experiences, and as part of this, you will be involved in an exciting departmental transformation in our ways of working and the technologies we use.
The successful candidate for this role, will be an individual that loves a challenge, and see’s the task of helping us at the start of our DevOps journey as a challenge they would love to be part of.
• Maintain, patch, refine and extend existing infrastructure
• Design and implement new infrastructure as required
• Maintain and develop terraform code
• Maintain and develop build systems & pipelines
• Ensure software systems are as up to date as possible
• Peer review code and have code per reviewed
• Communicate clearly with Software development and Product teams
• Maintain and extend our monitoring, metrics, and alerting systems
• Support applications in production, regarding both performance and reliability
• Support development team with internal tooling
• Monitor all assets (infrastructure and code) from a perspective of Security, recommending and implementing solutions when necessary
• Take part in out of hours on-call Rota
The Ideal Candidate
Years of experience are less important to us, we are not looking to tick boxes with this role, and we are open to looking at candidates from all backgrounds. It would be great if you had some of the below:
• A great team player that genuinely believes in solving challenges as a team.
• Proactive mindset – with high attention to detail
• Extensive experience working with deployment pipelines
• Professional experience working with AWS, Jenkins, GitHub/GitLab, Kubernetes/Docker
• Software development practices/design patterns, debugging, and performance tuning at a senior level
• Supporting Linux-based production systems
• DBA Skills with relational and NoSQL database’s
• A desire to build infrastructure, deployment pipelines, and support applications in production
• High attention to detail
• Good analytical thinking
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group – Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 9 countries – the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland, Portugal and Slovakia – BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD…
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.bauermedia.co.uk.