Website Aldermore Bank
Banking as it should be
Let Us Tell You a Bit About Us…
We’re a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
We are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services. Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella.
We thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; we open up the lending market to many; and thousands of customers chose Motonovo Finance every week to buy their next car, van or motorbike.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose.
Feel like being part of…
The Data Science and Web Analytics team are responsible for utilising Aldermore’s rich data asset to its greatest effect throughout the business.
The role of Data Scientist is really important to us. Our Data Scientists play a pivotal role in delivering our vision by being curious in identifying and defining insights to solve business problems, wrangling data together where needed, creative in applying analysis techniques with scientific rigour and great storytelling to surprise and delight stakeholders on data-based facts around our customers, products, propositions and operations.
This is an exciting time to be joining Aldermore Bank as we transition to an agile analytics framework and tooling. Developing in our Data & Innovation Lab to understand value in data science approaches, test and deploy valuable concepts in the Data Factory to realise the benefits. Your time will be spent between traditional analytic environments to modern platforms in the cloud as Aldermore embarks the journey to embed analytics at the heart of decision making.
You will work closely with other members of the Data Science team covering Engineering, Visualisation, Web, CRM and business stakeholders to raise the profile and engagement of data analytics.
This role will be based in our Manchester office however, you will be able to work a blend of both home and office each week. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Curious – Working with the business to define the scope of requests by understanding the business objectives, collaborating constructively in delivering value beyond expectations with the application of technical and business knowledge
- Wrangling – identify, integrate and exploit a wide array of data sources such as databases, API’s, source systems, 3rd party feeds to shape data in preparation for analysis.
- Creative – Applying the most appropriate Data Science techniques to complex business problems, develop inspiring actions that shape and inform key decisions.
- Story Telling – Bring the insights to life by great story telling and engaging visualisations to help inform decision making
- Active member of the Data Science team building the team brand and championing data skills across the team
- Keep on the forefront of developments in new techniques, tools and methods to identify opportunities to deliver business value
What do we expect of you?
- Knowledge and experience of industry best practice in Data Science – comfortable applying advanced statistical approaches covering machine learning, NLP, web analytics and building analytical data products
- Strong technical coding skills in Python / R to develop analytical solutions
- Proficiency in SQL scripting, at ease interacting with databases
- Experience in Azure / GCP developing analytical solutions
- Strong visual design skills in bringing complex insights to life in tools like Tableau / Qlik / PowerBI
- Self-starter with the ability to demonstrate self-direction, take others on a journey to achieve outcomes
- Analytical mind-set with ability to frame business requirements into analytical solutions and clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Collaboration skills to work across the organisation with virtual teams and stakeholders, leading the customer centric data led agenda
- Strong attention to detail regarding data, data quality and scripting to ensure robust and grounded recommendations are made
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as a colleague, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed… have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
To apply for this job please visit aldermore.taleo.net.