The Data Governance Analyst will work closely with our Data Governance Managers in pursuit of CBRE Investment Management’s ambition to achieve a data-centric culture. As a key member of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for data governance, metadata management, and data quality initiatives, the Data Governance Analyst will partner with data stakeholders across our firm and will clearly and confidently communicate at all levels of the organization.
The Data Governance Analyst will develop a deep understanding of our current business practices with respect to data generation. The Data Governance Analyst will learn to support data discovery exercises and contribute to the enrichment of our Business Glossary, Data Catalog, and Data Quality tools.
To advance our data-centric culture, the Data Governance Analyst must be passionate about creating outcomes through data and prepared to challenge the status quo. Effective communication skills and the ability to synthesize information are paramount, as our team intersects competencies in technical, operational, and functional domains with the goal of sustainable data governance practices.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engage with business to understand needs, define requirements, and perform data profiling and data analysis to drive decision making
- Collaborate across the business to identify key business terms, collate and validate definitions, maintain terms in the business glossary, and map terms in the data catalogue
- Create and maintain process maps and reference guides to detail proper procedures
- Apply critical thinking skills to identify data procedures that can be globally or regionally aligned
- Execute global projects for data quality and identify practical improvement solutions including training, processes, and policies
- Define and report on key metrics related to data quality
- Act as a resource for data stewards seeking counsel on data quality reports
- Serve as data champion to explain the impact of world-class data practices
- Passion for data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present findings, supporting data, and conclusions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity to document process steps, inputs, outputs, requirements, & gaps to improve workflow
- Embraces agile project management and understands requirements gathering, testing, and validation techniques
- Self-starter & effective at time and project management prioritization
- Knowledge of tools to query, profile, analyze and manipulate data using tools such as SQL, Power Query & Power BI, advanced Excel
- Ability to work effectively across a matrixed organization
- Positive attitude, flexible nature with a desire to grow
To apply for this job please visit careers.cbre.com.