Website Niyo Network
Feel Empowered, Be Empowered
Niyo Enterprise is a group of technology and innovation companies that exists to economically empower black women globally. We are crazy about eradicating poverty through our high impact companies We are currently operating within the technology education and hair and beauty spaces through our award-winning and innovative brands Niyo Network and Niyo Hair and Beauty. We do this through building technology solutions in the hair and beauty space and upskilling in the hair and beauty, technology and entrepreneurial space.
Niyo Hair and Beauty is currently a 400-strong clientele mobile hairdressing academy powered by innovative technology, but that doesn’t stop there as we are building Niyo Hair and Beauty to be the strongest global beauty ecosystem with various functions that ensures quality beauty services are delivered.
Niyo Network is the #1 Destination for Black Female Disruptors globally. We have a growing community of over 3000 women, we are on a mission to equip and train black women who are unemployed or are at risk of unemployment through technology bootcamps. We create opportunities catered directly to the purposeful paths of black women, whether it be employment in a high impact industry or running their own disruptive businesses.
OUR PURPOSE ✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
- Remove the barriers that black women face when entering high impact industries.
- Equip black women with the skills, confidence and knowledge and support them through to further training, and employment by holding programmes and events.
- Work with employer partners to support black women in the Niyo Network with mentoring, coaching and employment opportunities.
- Revolutionise the hairstyling process for black women by creating innovative Niyo Hair and Beauty technologies.
- Become the strongest global beauty ecosystem with various functions that ensures quality beauty services are enabled and delivered.
- Ensure black hair stylists can become accredited through building a Niyo Hair and Beauty Bootcamp.
Role Overview 👨🏫🧑🏫
- Contract type: Freelance (Evenings)
- Starting: ASAP
- Location: Remote
- Pay: £25 per hour
- Reporting to Bootcamp Lead
The Course & Our Community
Our Black Disruptor bootcamps feature the most practical and widely used techniques to get black women to thrive as data analysts and project managers. We would be teaching them how to use tableau, SQL, Python
Niyo Network truly values community and fosters a strong ecosystem through dynamic and collaborative educational and networking events that bring together local startup/tech companies and local professionals. Our Black Disruptor students are able to immerse themselves in the community, fostering lasting personal and professional relationships with the best people in the community. Our supportive, non-intimidating, and collaborative community is filled with passionate, like-minded students on their way to doing great things. Job Description
Role Description 🚀
As an Instructor, you are responsible for the student experience in and out of the virtual classroom. These responsibilities specifically lie in the realm of instruction as it pertains to the curriculum set forth by Niyo Network.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist instruction of course material in specified class hours.
- Attend and mentor students during office hours.
- Be available to mentor students outside of class and during office hours.
As a Niyo Network team member, you also will:
- Actively participate and contribute to weekly team calls
- Teach in a rewarding atmosphere
- Take on occasional side projects that may, or may not, be exclusive to your campus.
What we’re looking for:
- Skills and experience in Data Analytics & Project Management. Especially in:
- Has understanding of Project Analysis with Python and/or R Product Management Cycle
- Agile and Waterfall Project Management
- Data Handling and Decision Making
- Proficient in Tableau
- Data tools SQL and Excel
- Data Visualisation and Interpretation using Tableau and Power BI
- Microsoft Azure AI training
- More important than deep technical experience is the ability to communicate effectively to beginners. Someone with good communication skills and social aptitude is key.
- Someone with a passion and understanding of teaching data analytics and project management. Dedication, persistence, patience, attention to detail and enthusiasm are great characteristics for this role.
- A good and inviting attitude.
- Looking for a contract instructor for a 16-week course:
- 3 evenings of teaching (6 pm-9 pm); office hours up to 3 hours a week
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.