Since launching Dojo in 2019 to address business owners’ pain points across the UK, we’ve seen incredible growth as a scaling fintech, welcoming over 60,000 new customers and growing the Dojo team to 900+ people across five locations. In that time, we’ve also introduced Dojo Virtual Queues & Bookings and the Dojo restaurant finder app, formerly known as WalkUp and loved by 600 restaurants and 600,000 diners across the UK. Find out more about the journey we’ve been on here.
Today, we work towards our mission to empower businesses to thrive in the Experience Economy by creating the tools and technology that turn transactions into meaningful relationships. For our business customers, that means fast funding, the fastest payments, smart integrations, and efficient virtual queues & bookings – all with instant insight across the board. For over 600,000 diners across the UK, that means getting seated at their favourite restaurants in just a couple of taps on the Dojo app. Whether it’s for busy business owners or hungry diners, every Dojo product is built to address real customer pain points by our dedicated teams in London, Bristol, Hull and Belfast.
If you’re the kind of person who loves to develop cutting-edge automated solutions to tough business problems and craft game-changing insights with data that changes how an organisation that touches millions of people every day thinks and operates, this is the role for you. You will have the opportunity to empower risk stakeholders with data, ensuring their decisions are firmly grounded in the insights that you provide them with. Most importantly, you should have a strong interest and passion for fraud and financial crime prevention.
At Dojo, the risk data team is moving into an exciting new phase and you will have the opportunity to play an important role in its development, working on core projects that deliver real business impact. We want you to bring your passion for technology and data mindset to scale our processes and make smarter decisions.
What you will do…
- You’ll own the process of development, optimization, and maintenance of our set of rules used to capture merchant fraudulent behaviour (You’ll learn our internal tool programming language, AMDL, and work with the tool ARIC to write these);
- You’ll be partnering with other data specialists in using large sets of data to extract insights, business recommendations, and KPIs whilst focusing on driving the most impact across the risk organisation;
- You’ll work in an agile environment, collaborating daily with data risk team members, and non-data risk team members to ensure risk has all the tools they need to achieve their KPIs;
- You’ll drive visibility across the data organisation of risk analytics and ensure standards and definitions are aligned and understood by all.
What you will bring…
- You can use SQL (or any other database programming language) to shape large sets of data into insightful views;
- You can tell a story through data and use metrics to support your point of view;
- You have strong visualisation and analytical skills and are able to use platforms such as Looker (or any other visualisation platform) to derive insights and do situational scenario solving;
- You can communicate with a technical and non-technical audiences, having a clear oral and written communication;
- You are proactive, love to find smart solutions for complex problems, and are easily able to embed yourself into the risk stakeholder group.
At Dojo, we’re curious. We have an insatiable desire to learn and innovate. And we’re relentless. We persevere even when it’s easier not to. But, we’re nothing without our customers, who drive everything we do. From day one, Dojo was built on real customer pain points and every one of us is customer-obsessed.
Creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive Dojo
Dojo’s 60,000+ customers reflect the diversity of the UK High Street. Building diverse teams that are representative of that to develop and deliver our business strategy is fundamental to continuing to create innovative products at Dojo. As a result, together, we achieve better outcomes for our customers and for Dojo.
Regardless of age, disability, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, culture, educational background, parental status, neurodiversity or disability – whoever you are, if you’re passionate about your work, curious, relentless and customer-obsessed, we want to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at Dojo, so you’ll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people across levels, teams, and experiences throughout the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit paymentsense.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.