Our company message is centred around this slogan: ‘feel empowered, be empowered’.
Niyo Enterprise is a multifaceted organisation that is dedicated to using innovative hair, beauty, technology and community development tools to economically empower lives and break the vicious cycle of poverty, particularly underserved by Black women through sustainable creative enterprises. These enterprises deliver valuable services powered by innovation and technology.
As an organisation, success for us is seeing women who would normally suffer economically be completely empowered by creating their own disruptive sustainable enterprises with a social mission or employed and making impact socially at Niyo Enterprise or a technology driven organisation of their choice and ultimately achieving and exceeding their utmost potential.
Niyo Hair and Beauty is a 400-strong clientele mobile hairdressing service powered by innovative technology, whilst Niyo Network is the #1 Destination for Black Female Disruptors globally . We have a growing community of over 3000 women, we are on a mission to equip and train black women who are unemployed or are at risk of unemployment. We create opportunities catered directly to the purposeful paths of black women, whether it be employment in a high impact industry or running their own disruptive businesses.
We are looking for visionary people to work with us to galvanise a mission of getting black women thriving as disruptors.
- Remove the barriers that black women face when entering high impact industries
- Equip black women with the skills, confidence and knowledge and support them through to further training, and employment by holding programmes and events
- Work with employer partners to support black women in the Niyo Network with mentoring, coaching and employment opportunities.
- Contract type: Fixed Term 6 months with potential to move to 12 months fixed term
- Starting: September 2021
- Days/ Hours per week: Monday – Friday (9am-5pm)
- Location: Zellig Building, Birmingham, B9 4AT
- Pay: £22,000- £25,000 depending on experience
- Reporting to the CEO & Head of Operations
The role will be both strategic and hands-on. You will be accomplished in curating and creating amazing content. You have impressive graphic and video content creation skills but also a broader awareness of the black culture, afro hair & beauty and are also passionate about increasing the career prospects of black women in the technology industry.
You will be joining an innovative organisation of passionate entrepreneurs at heart – from product, data science to design thinkers across the UK and connecting with stakeholders and companies with a global reach.
You will help build the Niyo Network Brand online and offline, ensuring KPI’s are maintained and outreach is maximised. You will do this by ensuring that all social media posts on Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin & Facebook align with the vision and branding of both Niyo Network and Niyo Hair and beauty. Your role will be to create a lasting impression with high profile brands & organisations.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Head of Operations & CEO with the curation, planning and monitoring of the ongoing company presence on social media.
- Write and create imaginative, innovative, and visual engaging posts on the graphic design platform Adobe creative suite, Canva and similar
- Use social media scheduling tools to operate the account efficiently and effectively.
- Lead with the day-to-day management of all digital marketing channels including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tik Tok and other relevant platforms.
- Helping to produce brochures – online & offline
- Managing content for marketing campaigns
- Stewarding and innovating the visual vision of Niyo Enterprise and ensuring the brand continues to innovate with current market insights through video, photography shoots, campaigns and interventions
- Closely monitor social media accounts and respond promptly to direct messages with the relevant information.
- Other tasks as deemed appropriate by the CEO.
- Manage marketing and PR relationships and collaborations with external brands and organisations
- Skilled in using video and photos to tell brand stories in a compelling way.
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to present work in a professional manner
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proficient in using video and photo editing tools such as Photoshop and other adobe creative cloud tools, Canva, Video editing software motion pictures expertise, etc.
- Desirable: 2-3 years of Digital marketing and Design Marketing experience
- Desirable: Training or Degree in creative sectors
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.