Bauer Media Audio operates a ‘hub and spoke’ model for digital. The central digital team supports our country business units with strategy, insight, innovation, product management, technology, IP distribution and support. Our country teams are responsible for local planning, content and commercial delivery. As part of a combined community of digital experts, the teams work in partnership to create outstanding services to our users and deliver commercial success.
As a team we thrive on combining local market excellence with a wider, global perspective.
Our backend developers work alongside front end, full stack, UX specialists, SRE’s and product teams to create the comprehensive digital audio experiences our listeners love. They work across multiple platforms ensuring all customer facing digital systems can adapt and scale when under large loads.
Large loads in our case equates to “tens of thousands” of concurrent users across multiple countries around the clock, with bursts into “hundreds of thousands”.
We are embarking on the next generation of audio experiences, and as part of this, you will be involved in an exciting departmental transformation in our ways of working and the technologies we use.
• Building and maintaining API-First web applications
• Assessing the efficiency and speed of current applications
• Contribute to team and agile sprint sessions e.g., grooming and planning
• Working with wider teams e.g., Frontend to gather and document API requirements
• Sharing knowledge – e.g., writing documentation, written feedback to wider team
• Continue to develop, hone and advance skills
• Peer review code on a daily basis
• Assist with supporting and nurturing more junior members of staff
• Attend and actively participate in communities of practice
The Ideal Candidate
Years of experience are less important to us, we are not looking to tick boxes with this role, and we are open to looking at candidates from all backgrounds. It would be great if you had some of the below:
• Holds the ability to understand common performance pitfalls and performance tuning techniques
• Security testing experience i.e. (Cross Site Scripting, CORS, Cross Site Request Forgery)
• Knowledge of various design Patterns
• Working experience with Git and software development tools
• Holds a problem solving and analytical mindset
• Able to create development plans/strategies
• Familiar/comfortable with debugging code
• Creating and maintaining automated tests
• Motivated by self-learning and able to adapt to the latest trends in technology
• Which tools to use to solve particular problems – e.g. message queues, database/development, design patterns
• Familiar with working in an agile environment (Scrum)
• Ability to pair program both as the driver and navigator
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group – Academy: Posts | LinkedIn)
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
About the Company
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion – to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 9 countries – the UK, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland, Portugal and Slovakia – BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We’re proud to be the driving force behind the “Where’s your head at?” campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
We are PASSIONATE WITH PURPOSE, creative and commercial…
We know why we are here, and we LOVE what we do!
Our CREATIVE AMBITION and AGILITY takes us further, faster…
You can be as BIG as the space YOU want to fill.
To each other, to our audiences, to our advertisers.
At Bauer, EVERY VOICE IS HEARD…
And all ideas are welcome.
We are OPEN, FAIR and HONEST, we SAY WHAT WE THINK…
We raise it, own it, sort it.
We CARE that everyone feels VALUED and SUPPORTED…
A place where we can all do our best work.
We CELEBRATE SUCCESS and we PULL TOGETHER…
We always have each others back.
… WE are TEAM BAUER where WE MAKE GREAT THINGS HAPPEN
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/